The Deering Goodtime 2 banjo is one of our favorite and best-selling banjos. It’s versatile, durable, and comes in at a great price. Perfect for all level players!
Deering Description: A resonator back provides more projection of sound in the Goodtime Two. We make it here in the USA, at the Deering shop with the same tooling we use to make the top of the line banjos. Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjos because there were no low priced banjos of enough quality for people to actually learn on without difficulty or giving up. He remembers what it was like to want a good banjo and not be able to afford one, so his gift to others is the Goodtime banjo line. Designed for success, the Goodtime banjos are the lowest priced American made banjos. They are so good many professionals have recorded with Goodtime banjos.
The Goodtime Two weighs 6 lbs – about the weight of a guitar. The Goodtime Two has a natural blonde maple with a satin finish to protect it. The rich, golden tone and the reverberation off the resonator sound great. You can definitely tell a volume difference between open back and a Goodtime Two. The sound waves aren’t getting trapped between you and the banjo, which makes a pretty big difference. If you want a great low priced bluegrass banjo for travel and leisure that plays correctly and is durable, this is the best buy on the market!
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
- Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply Violin Grade Goodtime Maple Rim
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Resonator of Blonde Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Box for Carrying
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case Sold Separately
- Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with light gauge strings
- Can be played with medium gauge strings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26.25″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs